JJGames.com | Retro Game Championship Denver
Saturday July 18th, 2009
2pm - 9pm
Denver, Colorado (Directions)
Nintendo World Championship
Nintendo Campus Challenge
FREE Event, Win Prizes
The Retro Game Championship is a one-night only FREE event where gamers compete to get high scores in Nintendo World Championship and Nintendo Campus Challenge. There will be prizes, a chance to play very rare games, and the opportunity to show off your retro game skills.
Want to Come to The Next Retro Game Championship?
Want to know when we have future retro game competitions? Just send an email to us asking to be added to the competition email list (We won't email you about anything else).
High Scores at 2009 Event
Thank you to all the 2009 competitors. The competition was very fierce with some great high scores. Below are the top 3 scores for each game
1990 Nintendo World Championships
- 1st Place: 2,428,030 Nick S.
- 2nd Place: 1,109,190 Trish M.
- 3rd Place: 972,865 Damon N.
1991 Nintendo Campus Challenge
- 1st Place: 3,179,000 Travis H.
- 2nd Place: 2,292,500 Tyler S.
- 3rd Place: 2,260,000 Chris T.
Prizes at Retro Game Championship
- High Score @ World Championships: $200 Gift Card to JJGames.com
- High Score @ Campus Challenge: $200 Gift Card to JJGames.com
- First 20 People To Event: Free Retro Game Championship T-Shirt (See Shirt)
- Other Prizes: World Championship or Campus Challenge Reproduction Cart
About The Games You Will Be Playing
Nintendo World Championship (On 5 TV's): A game created for a Nintendo video game competition in 1990. Players have 6 minutes to get 50 coins in Super Mario Bros, finish one lap in Rad Racer, and get a high score in Tetris. The competition was loosely based on the movie The Wizard.
Nintendo Campus Challenge (On 5 TV's): Another game created by Nintendo for competitions on college campuses in 1991. You have 6 minutes to get 25 coins in Super Mario 3, 100,000 points in Pin-Bot, and a high score in Dr. Mario. There is only one known copy of this game in existence so this might be your only chance to ever play this game (we will be playing on reproductions).
Questions or Comments?
Call us at 303-355-1329 or email us